Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Collections

Well I have been reading Natalie's blog and she talked about the Tuesday Tell All, which is basically a blog that gives you ideas to write on your blog, once a week on Tuesdays. So I am going to do it. This weeks topic is Collections. If you want to know more about it click here.

So I have been thinking about things we collect and I have to admit we don't have a lot of things like that. I have been doing Flylady and because of that I have thrown out a lot of things that I think are "clutter" in an attempt to make my house easier to clean. HOWEVER, I still have things that I like...Adam would say that I like to collect diaper bags. I like to get new ones, I don't know why. I also like holiday plates, I like to get them out during that season and put cookies or fruit on them and things like that. Adam and I also wanted to collect different pitchers but we haven't really gotten into that yet.

Adam likes to collect old church books. For a while he would actually go to DI to get them, but now he doens't have so much time to do that.

Luke is the big collector around here. He collects rocks, Pokemon cards, and most recently, feathers. It helps that we have bird.

Grace doesn't really collect anything, and of course neither does Liam. They just like to play with everyone elses stuff.

And now that I think about it you could say we collect toys. It seems like they are everywhere and we are always getting more from somebody. They have spilled over into the basement, which is fine with me since it's kind of a free for all down there right now. I am learning how to let go and not feel guilty about getting rid of a toy that somebody gave to us or bought for my kids. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

4 comments:

BrookeLynn said...

Hey Anna, it's Brooke Rollins. Wow, it's been forever. How are you? Where are you at now? Are you still in the neighborhood or are you somewhere else? I also have a blog. I'm going to add you to mine so I check on you guys. Good to see your fam. benandbrookerollins.blogspot.com

Shari said...

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday. Since we share the day, I couldn't let it pass without saying something. Have a great day, and have fun at book club. I know I said I wasn't coming, but I might just change my mind. Maybe I'll see you there.

Anonymous said...

testing this comment

Anonymous said...

I'm testing.....


I love you.


Dad