Monday, October 6, 2008

Canning

Someday I will teach my kids how to can pears, peaches and grape juice. For now, they will have to settle for having lots of fun with cousins and grandma on our "canning day". This year Dianna, Marylinn and I got together and did our pears. It was crazy! Definitely an all day event - from 11 am to 8 pm. But we got it done. We were a little sticky afterwards....okay a lot sticky, but it is so worth it to see all the beautiful jars of fruit done on your counter. The kids had fun hanging out with Seth and Noah and it was so nice to have someone to share all the work with. Now all we have to do is enjoy the "fruits" of our labor...ha ha ha.

The canning necklace

Marylinn brought these yummy hot dogs from Costco - the kids thought it was cool that they were longer than the buns. I love Grace's face in the background.

1 comment:

Shari said...

There is just something satisfying about looking at a counter full of food that you have canned yourself. I love it, and I usually leave the jars on the counter for a couple of days to prolong the satisfaction. And I have to say, those are the biggest hotdogs ever!