Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Braveness of Luke

Since I have been having blog neglect, I have forgotten to take the camera with me. This is the least of my problems, really. You should see my house. Anyway, I didn't get any pictures from this weekend, but I have to tell you about Luke at the carnival. He really, really wanted to go on the Twister? I don't remember the name. But it's one that goes up and around, while it's going around, while you can flip yourself over and over at the same time. Just thinking about it makes me sick. So I kept saying - "Are you sure? Look at this ride - look at the people inside" and he was "SURE". Even his older cousins did not want to go on, but Eden said she would go on it with him. I warned her before if he threw up I was sorry. He has had a couple bad experiences on rides before and I just couldn't believe that he would want to go on this ride. BUT we let him and the whole time I was thinking, he's going to throw up, he's going to be traumatized. He's either going to love it or hate it. And you know what? He closed his eyes the whole time and his shoes even came off in the cage, but he LIKED it. I am in shock. He was smiling when he got off. Sometimes you just have to let go and believe in your kids. It is so hard though. I am breathing a big sigh of relief. Ahhhhhhh.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is actually called the ZIPPER!!

Pam Cox said...

Go Luke! He is trying things out. That IS brave.
Much love,
Mom