Monday, February 18, 2008

Baby Jail

Well I give up. A few weeks ago, Liam decided to learn to crawl out of his crib. One leg up and over and then he would slide down between the crib and the wall with the other leg straight up, basically doing the splits. He didn't seem to mind the gymnastics and of course would not stay in the crib once he figured it out. So we switched him to a toddler bed. We have been spending about 45 minutes every night sitting by his bed putting him back in bed until he finally gives up and goes to sleep. Needless to say we are not amused. Finally Adam said he would not do it anymore so I was going to have to do it by myself if I wanted to keep it up. So today on the way down to Teal's birthday party, we stopped at Babies R Us and got the greatest invention known to mankind, or at least parents, a crib tent, AKA baby jail. I think it is going to save our sanity. If only we had known about this when Luke was 18 months old and in a toddler bed! Poor Luke, he gets to be the guinea pig for all our parenting mistakes. At least we are learning and not making the same mistakes over again! I hope. I think the baby jail is going to be worth every single penny.

No comments: