Friday, February 29, 2008

My Day So Far

So here's how my day is going so far...
As I am getting the kids out the door to take Luke to school, Luke says, Liam is standing in the sink upstairs, and sure enough, he is standing, fully clothed with socks on, in the bathroom sink with the water running and trying to get the lotion out of the container. Good news: He can't work the lotion pump by himself. Bad news: Had to change the soaked socks, took him to school with me one leg wet, one leg dry.
I come home from volunteering at Luke's school, the first thing I hear is "Anna! Help me!" Seems that just as I was leaving, Adam threw his back out and had to crawl to bed and was still stuck there when I returned home. Good news: He is like a source of fascination to the kids, he keeps them entertained when they go up to see him. Bad news: I am the deliverer of all things, water, medicine, lunch, books, etc. He can really barely move.
Grace falls asleep on the couch (normally she doesn't have one) so this means she will be up till who knows when, I clipped Super's wings after he nearly escaped out the front door, I finally caught him and he was mad but I did it anyway. Continuing on...I move Grace to her bed because Liam keeps jumping on her and trying to pull her hair out. Good news: Grace is safe from Liam. Bad news: The questionable bedtime.
After I put Grace in bed Luke says "My tongue feels hot and funny." After a first time denial that he did anything to his tongue, he says "I did something I wasn't supposed to" and won't tell me until after I follow him downstairs and he shows me the pepper spray he put on his arm and then licked off.
Good news: Milk is good for soothing spicy things in your mouth, even pepper spray. Bad news: It's only 3 pm....

No comments: