Well the kids are sick again. Or should I say that this is ongoing? Grace has had a cough for about 2 months, and now Luke has Influenza A. He has a scary high fever (105) and a gunky cough to go along with it. This happened a little over a year ago with him also. He has missed 3 days of school and will miss again tomorrow. Thankfully his teacher told me in confidence that if he missed the whole rest of the school year he would be okay because he is so smart! This winter seems like it will never end, the snow is basically constant. The Primary ladies and I were celebrating at our meeting the other day because it was supposed to be 40 degrees. Celebrating over 40 degree weather? You bet. I can't even being to describe the snow in our neighborhood. I have messed up my back from shoveling so much.
Thank goodness Adam and I are not sick. And so far neither is Liam, although we are having our own struggles with him since he decided to learn how to crawl out of the crib. It takes us about 45 minutes each night to put him to bed, constantly putting him back in his new toddler bed and waiting until he is so exhausted that he can't fight it any longer. He is not the only one who is exhausted, let me tell you right now. Once again, not the best for my snow shoveling, kids picking up, toy picking up back. I am starting to go for drives in the car around lunch time because he falls asleep and I can put him straight in bed. If the weather wasn't so bad I might do it at night too. The trials of parenthood....
So Luke is a smartypants. He is reading at a 2nd grade level and he is very good at math and has excellent handwriting. I am learning that he has his own creative personality and I am trying to work with it, not against it.
Grace is all about being a princess and has gone to 2 princess birthday parties in the past 2 weeks. Today she put lipstick all over her face so she was a blushing princess. The funny thing is that Liam LOVES to wear her slip on princess heels, especially in the kitchen where he can click clack away on the wood floor. He is just full of smiles.
Here's hoping this is the last sickness for a good long time!
1 comment:
Welcome to the world of blogging! I can't believe your snow! I thought we had a lot... Can't wait to see you at book club!
Natalie
Post a Comment