Friday, May 16, 2008

Strep Strikes Again

Ahhhh....the memories of this last winter are overflowing right now. I thought since it was May we were done with our sickness again but NO!!! Luke has strep again. This is the 3rd time he has had it this season. Apparantly you have to have it like 6 times in one year to be considered for removing your tonsils, not that I want that at all, but with all three kids having step at least once if not two or three times, we have had at least 6 cases, but not all the same child. He missed his talent show at school but wanted me to take his drawing that he did for his talent. When his teacher gives it back I will post it. For now wish us luck and pray that he is the only one who gets it!

3 comments:

Spar-Mar Girl said...

Yuck! There's just no good side to that. I want to hope he gets better, but then I don't know if you're just wanted to get rid of his tonsils. So I'll just say GOOD LUCK with whatever you want! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart,
I throwing my 2 cents worth in.
When I was growing up I always had strep throat or tonsilitis. I was miserable most of that time and had to miss going a lot of stuff because I was sick at home. When I was 19 I finally had them removed(at the request of my football trainer). I was miserable again but only for a few days and then I was home free.
I guess I think its better (and safer) to have the culprits removed when you are young. They say the risks go up (for difficulty in surgery) as you get older.
I guess I'm an advocate of removing tonsils if they keep getting affected. It seems that one less sick child would be a good thing.

I love you so much.
You'll make the right decision.

Dad

Shari said...

Ugh! I hate having sick kids. The only thing worse than sick kids is a sick husband because they are usually bigger babies about being sick than the kids are.