I love Mother's Day...I can do nothing and have at least a good excuse for it. Today was wonderful - the kids sang cute Mother's Day songs in church and I didn't cry my eyes out like usual because I was up there helping them (my Primary calling in church), and this was a good thing because I swell up like a blowfish when I start crying and it takes me at least a day and a half to completely recover from a good cry. They gave us delicious, fattening, HUGE chocolate dipped cookies at church and gave us women all a break from any responsibility for the last hour. (Of course I ate the whole thing, what family do you think I'm from anyway?) The kids made me a very cute card in which they had dictated all the things they love about me. Adam bought me a beautiful Willow Tree figurine that I love, of a mother holding her baby to her chest. And Luke made me a wonderful book at school, which when I read it I was laughing and crying at the same time. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love being a mother.
These are a couple of the pages that made me laugh from Luke's Mother's Day book.
(Click to make them bigger.)
I love how I only weigh 80 pounds and I am eating a delicious pink cupcake.
Yes it's true...I am so smart and I know all about resting. I hope his teacher doesn't think I'm depressed or something. I do love my sleep but really....Luke was laughing hysterically when I was reading this page and asking him about it. I think he meant it as a joke....I hope.
1 comment:
Don't feel too bad about Luke saying that you know all about resting. Michael did a similar thing for my mom one year and put "sleeping" as her talent. It must run in the family...
Post a Comment